Thursday, March 3, 2011

In Our Time - how old is the universe


BBC logo with a youthful
Melvyn Bragg

Oh joy! In Our Time this week was on the age of the universe.  Melvyn Bragg always at his best on scientific subjects where he acts as the listeners’ friend.  But sometimes when the subject is history or culture he pitches into the discussion himself and this is what we do not want. In January when discussing the industrial revolution he more or less shut one of his guests up, and told her she was talking rubbish. I think he suspected her of Marxism.  I'm starting a campaign to have him retired and replaced by Andrew Marr. 

Next week (Thurs 10th, 9 am): Free will.  Even better‼ 

In Our Time is my no 1 podcast, see my podcast recommendations.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to hear IOT presented by you..! Now, that would make it extremely interesting.

    ReplyDelete